Saturday, May 28, 2011

"When?"

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken."  Psalm 62: 5-6

My hope is only in Him.  It is not in the judge, the lawyers, or myself.  He alone in my rock and my salvation.  He is my fortress and I will not be shaken.  Yes, I am packed.  Yes, I am prepared to go get my babies but I am waiting on the Lord to say, "Amiee, it is time."  I have peace.  He will send us when we all are ready.  Praise the Lord that the burden of "when" is not mine to bare.  Thank you Lord for meeting my needs.  This is an amazing journey.  We have so many ways to serve the Lord when we go to Africa.  For me, I am praying that the "need" doesn't completely overwhelm me.  I pray that God will enlarge my territory so that I can help the helpless believe that "Jesus loves the little children.  All the children of the world."  How am I going to explain this to them when they are starving and sick that they are loved by a mighty, holy God?"  And then, I feel God gently put His hand on my shoulder and say, "you are the vessel.  I am the messenger.  That is not your burden to carry."  Oh Lord, I hope I remember this when I am there.  Please pray that I remember I am the vessel, not the messenger.  What an amazing messenger I have!  As Joel would say He is the "King of Kings...Lord of Lords"  I love to hear Joel describe God.  I have watched Joel pray, as I have peeked at him during our skyping.  I can't wait to see him preach.  Lord, when You say it's time, we will go.  When you say it's time, I will be obedient and I will go.  When you say it's time, I will be humble and give thanks.  When you say it's time, I will rejoice and praise Your sweet name.
In His grip,

Amiee

No comments:

Post a Comment