Sunday, May 1, 2011

"I don't believe in luck."

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

It's been a couple of weeks since I have updated the "blog".  I think we are in the "hurry up and wait" stage.  Isn't that how all adoptions are?  I guess that means we are right on track.

This has been an amazing week in the South.  God has showed me how mighty He is.  The devastation in Alabama and other southern states is incomprehensible.  The sadness is overwhelming for the loss of life, for the ones that are still missing, and for the ones that have lost everything and I mean everything.  There are still many that don't have power.  We were the lucky ones...I don't really believe in "luck".  I find myself saying that out of habit but I do not think for one second God was not in control of this entire event.  With that being said, I don't understand it but I will praise His name from whom all blessing flow.  Please pray for the ones that have been directly affected by this storm.  Many are still in shock.  After you look at the "disaster" look at the people that are reaching out to those in need.  You will see the hands and feet of Christ all around.  They are in all of the pictures as well as the destruction.  "God works for the good of those who love him".  That is why I don't believe in luck!  I believe in God.  I don't know how He makes his decisions.  I have thought about that a lot lately.  I trust in Him.  My faith is growing in Him everyday.  My heart aches to be with Joan and Derrick.  I pray for them constantly.  There is much unrest in Uganda.  Their government has already planned to close earlier this summer than usually.  They could decide at anytime to shut down.  If that is God's plan, I will accept it and I will praise His name.  We have done everything we can do to be diligent with our paperwork.  We have contacted every representative in our area.  We have put the word out that we need help with our immigration paperwork.  God has shown me through this frustrating process that people that don't even know me are contacting who they know on our behalf.  People that don't even know us are going out of their way to petition on our behalf.  "God works for the good of those who love him."  I have only seen Joan and Derrick for about 30 seconds in the last 2 1/2 weeks.  I am trusting my loving, heavenly Father to protect them with angels and put an extra hedge of protection around them.  I believe He will.  I believe His timing is perfect.  I believe He is reminding me to live "one day at a time".  Here's a miracle...I am doing it and for those of you who know me know it's not easy for me.  God is so patient with me while I am figuring this out.  Living one day at a time is bringing me a peace and comfort that I haven't really known in my life.  I'm such a "planner" that sometimes I get caught up in the details and I miss some of the "blessings".  I hope everyone has a blessed week.  Please if you feel led, pray that we get our USCIS paperwork ASAP and that the unrest in Uganda becomes peaceful.  Pray for the one's in the South that are "still in the storm".  Pray for the lost to be found.

In His grip,

Amiee

No comments:

Post a Comment