Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"My momma's not coming. Oh yes she is Joan!"

1 Corinthians 6:17 "But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit."

I have taken the blog off of the internet until we go and get the children and bring them home.  There are so many people that are going to Uganda for mission trips over the summer.  I think this must be becoming very confusing for the children to try and figure out "why are these "Muzungas" coming here and my momma isn't?".  Joan told Joel that her momma wasn't coming and Derrick said, "Oh, yes she is Joan".  Oh, I pray that they know us when we get there.  I pray that they aren't confused and sad to leave the only home they have ever known.  I can't imagine but I know that God has been preparing their hearts because I have prayed for Him to and when I pray for things that are in the "will" of God, he answers my prayers.  There is so much comfort for me in knowing that He hears my prayers.  He has had to listen to me a lot lately.  I have prayed for Patrick, the probation officer, to get well so he can complete the last report we are waiting on before submitting our case to the judge.  I pray for Joel every day that he can endure this process.  I know it has been a lot more than he bargained for.  He has been sick also.  I feel like he is a part of my family.  I pray that I still get to skype him and talk to him when the kids are here.  I think after they get here, it is going to be funny to skype him with the kids.  I think Joan is going to go crazy!  We were blessed to get our USCIS paperwork expedited.  There were many people that contacted people on our behalf and I can't tell you how this humbled me.  Many people say they want to help but they really don't.  The people God have put in my path during this adoption journey are "doer's" not "talkers".  I have seen the best in people, even in Uganda through email.  I never have had to wait more than a few hours for a response from our attorney and she always tells me she is praying for me.  I believe her and I pray for her.  She is a beautiful lady.  I can't wait to meet her.  I really would like to see she and Joel become "friends". I can't imagine what they could do for the Kingdom!  They would be a dynamic duo.  I am trying to unite myself with the Lord and become one with Him in spirit. I have a peace about when we go to get the children.  I pray that God prepares us emotionally and spiritually.  I pray that our family is united with the Lord before we go.  

In Him,
Amiee

No comments:

Post a Comment