Sunday, May 20, 2012

"Are we there yet?"

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

"Phionna and Shamira"
 We'll they are coming. I wonder if they have any idea where they are coming...how far apart we really are from Uganda.   Instead of asking, "Are we there yet?" on a trip Derrick asks "is it as far away as SOZO?". That trip makes every other trip seem easy. God does meet all of my needs...everyday. It's usually with others that HE meets my needs. Someone will send me a note that lifts my spirits and gets my focus off myself and reminds me of the glory that surrounds me. Someone stops by and prays for my children. Unexpected...that's what makes me smile. Unexpected...but shouldn't I expect it? Shouldn't I expect that "God will meet all of my needs according to HIS glorious riches in Chirst Jesus"? HE says HE will and I see it played over and over throughout my life. I have seen the glory of the Lord. I have no doubt where my blessings come from. I am called to "give it all away". As Coleman and I were talking the other day, I remembered that I am instructed to give away all that I have and all that I am. He didn't bless me abundantly with "things" for my pleasure. He gave it to me and commanded me to give "it" away. If I keep it ("it" is also "myself") I'm not being obedient. So, when Todd came home in January from Uganda and said, "Amiee, we have to help them. They are suffering and we have to help them." I had no idea what that was going to look like. I really didn't. The process started with praying...God will have to do this because I cannot. I must confess that deep in my sinful heart I didn't want to do it. Joan and Derrick have transistioned beautifully but ya'll, it's hard sometimes. It takes a lot of enerygy physically but also mentally. Is it worth it? Absolutely, but these girls have significant medical needs. Their wounds are deep. I can't wait to tell their stories to you. I've decided to wait until they are able to tell them to me and ask them if I can share with you. It's their news to tell. I'm hoping that they learn enough English that they can share their stories with you when you come by my house and meet them or meet us out for dinner:) God will reveal their testimonies and I can't wait! As the process of medical visa's began, HE put one person, then another person directly in my path and everytime I asked for help, the answer was "yes". Some of the people that have helped these girls get here I have never met. In fact, most of the doctors and nurses I have not met. They have seen photos of the children and read a few brief medical documents from Kampala. They don't know who I am or who the girls are but they know who HE is and they said "yes...of course I will help." Their enthusiasm was a "need" that God knew I had. I didn't have the energy to plead with people to help suffering children. God has brought together an amazing team of servants to help these girls. Get ready! We are about to witness healing through the body of Christ! Though the grace of God, I have witnessed spiritual healing in my life. The body of Christ is alive and well. I can't wait to meet the people that have agreed to be the hands and feet of Christ to these girls. By their obedience, they have healed my spirit...They have shown me once again that "I can't do it" but "HE can" and "HE will". 

Please lift up the girls this week, especially the faithful servant that is bringing them home. She's a college student that may be feeling a little overwhelmed by the responsibility of traveling with two extra companions but, our God is already working through that. We actually have a dear friend that will be on the same flight from Amsterdam to Atlanta with her so I'm hoping he can help them get through immigration. (I'm not sure we've told him yet that they will be on the same flight:) That was the most difficult part of our trip...getting back into the United States. Pray that they don't get motion sickness on the plane. I'm not sure if they have ever even ridden in a car. If they have, it's only been once or twice, maybe when they went to the doctor back in January with Todd and Suzanne. What perfect timing God has...they will be here the first day of summer. I will post more specific medical prayer requests when the time comes for testing and surgeries. The only thing I would ask for now is pray that they test negative for HIV. Whether they have it or not they will be treated but our prayer is that we can get them as healthy as possible before surgeries begin. HIV is treatable. I covet all of your prayers. That's what we need now. Pray for hearts to be prepared as we begin what God puts in front of us today.

 Praising God From Whom All Blessings Flow,

Amiee :)

1 comment:

  1. If there is more that my family can do, in addition to praying for these darling ones, you just let us know...we're running with you:)

    ReplyDelete