Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Are we there yet?"

What a beautiful day it is today!  We have had a good week but there's not much news from Africa.  I have to keep reminding myself that this process is not about me but about God's perfect plan and God's perfect timing and He's got me on a "need to know basis" and I guess for now, I don't "need to know".  I can't begin to complain about the Ugandan government because I haven't gotten our paper work through the American government.  I know this if for the protection of children from the "bad" people but I am not one of those and I really don't understand why I need two back ground checks...one by the state and one by the federal government.  Shouldn't they be connected?  But, that is the process and that is what we will do to be able to get to the next step which is sending everything to the Ugandan government.  I am so blessed.  A friend of mine that I have known for a couple of years is going with Suzanne and Jon to Sozo for Spring Break.  She will get to see Joan and Derrick and she will love them.  She asked me last week what she could do to help.  She said, "why can't we just bring them back when we come back?"  That makes sense to me but there is a little law called "child trafficing" and I think that's what we are trying to avoid by jumping through all of these "hoops".  Then, she encouraged me to pray that God just works it all out and maybe they can bring them home.  So, that is what I have been praying.  I believe that God can work all of this out in ways that everyone else says are impossible.  HE is an amazing God!  Why do I continue to underestimate him?  Because those are the thoughts of the "ways of the world".  The bible is very clear.  Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.  As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways."  This scripture challenges me to define, "my ways".  My ways are causing me to stumble on my own feet.  My ways cause me to have anxiety about bad things happening to them before we get them.  So, today, again I put these children and my hope back where it needs to be...at the foot of the cross, in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Am I going to pray for patience?  Absolutely not!  I am going to pray for God's plan and timing be revealed to me and that I rest in knowing that HE is their father and He is protecting and providing for them.  I was able to talk with a mom that just got back from Uganda with her son and daughter.  Their journey of adoption through Uganda is a story of hope for me.  She is a great resource for us and I know our children will be friends soon.  She sent me a list this morning of some suggestions that I can begin working on in Uganda.  I actually think I will give this list to my friend that's going in March.  What are the odds that someone I know has the opportunity to go see these children while we wait to be united with them?  God would say, "Amiee, that would be 100% because I am in charge and I know what I am doing?"  So, today I am going to enjoy God's glory and grace that He has freely given to me and I don't deserve it!

In His Grip!
Amiee

No comments:

Post a Comment