Friday, January 21, 2011

"Where do I begin?"

Thanks for coming to my "blog".  It's really hard for me to write all of this down because I don't know where to begin this story.  What you are interested in hearing started the week before Christmas 2010 at a lunch with some friends.  But, what God is leading me to share with you started a long time ago.  God has blessed me my entire life and part of the blessing has been that I know I am blessed.  But somewhere over my life of 42 years, without even realizing it, I began believing  that I deserved all of the blessing I was receiving.  I began to think that because I was a good person and made good choices most of my life, I deserved for nothing bad to happen to me. I deserved a nice house because I worked hard.  I deserved all of the "things of the world" because I was a good person and I believed in God.  We'll I have known for a while that I wasn't really where God wanted me to be with him.  I made many excuses and ignored God's yearning to know me better.  I became prideful and pride is not a pretty picture.  But, thankful our God is cleaver and relentless.  He does not give up on us.  Back in September,   God gave me the opportunity to have a relationship with a niece of ours that I really hadn't known very well.  Not only did I not know her very well, I had no desire to know her well.  My pride kept me from wanting to know her.  Nothing more, nothing less.  She came to stay with us for a couple of months while she was trying to figure her life out.  God revealed to me during the time she was with us was that He loved her as much as he loved me and she hadn't made good choices.  It didn't matter to Him that I was a good person or that she had made some bad choices.  He loves us both the same.  She thought I was there to hold her hand and really God used her to show me the sin in my life of pride and self righteousness.  She reflected God's love for me and she didn't even know it.  So, I began to pray for God to humble me.  When you pray for God to "humble" you, get ready.  You will begin a journey that you never dreamed would happen.

In Him,
Amiee

"For it is by grace you have been save, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. "  Ephesians 2:8-9

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing!! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing an online bible study and today's verses included Job 33:27 where Elihu says he "did not get what I deserved. He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit, and I will live to enjoy the light." I'm glad God has grace instead of giving us what we deserve.

    Also, if you pray for patience, you often are put in situations where you will need it until you learn it.

    Love you, cousin, and thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned in Beth Moore's study of Esther that God loves to use those who think of themselves as the weakest, the ones that society has disregarded to do MIGHTY things. MIGHTY things are happening in your life, my darlin'...and I'm just so pleased to watch them unfold!

    ReplyDelete